To celebrate Modere Men’s Month and all our amazing Modere Men, we’re celebrating all things dude including the still on-trend dude food. However, we’re putting our live clean spin on the humble burger and making a healthy alternative.
350g ground beef
¼ cup red onions, chopped
¼ tsp. ground pepper
1 tsp. minced garlic
½ tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
¾ tsp. ground mustard
¾ tsp. chili powder
50ml tomato sauce
¼ cup extra tomato sauce
½ onion diced
1. Preheat oven to 180°C
2. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients but extra tomato sauce.
3. Divide mixture into burger sized balls and flatten to make a burger shape. Place on a tray lined with baking paper.
4. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until reaching desired texture. Let cool for 2-5 minutes.
5. Spread extra tomato sauce on the burgers, add a tomato slice and wrap in a lettuce cup
* Not a lettuce fan? Try a wholegrain bun, low carb bun or gluten-free bun… or go complete bunless and have with a chopped salad of baby spinach, tomato and cucumber.
Originally published as Italian Meatloaf recipe by Malissa Corrie as part of our Eating Mediterranean Series.